Making chocolate is an art and requires exemplary finesse in the preparation and execution stages. Adequate equipment, quality products and exceptional accuracy will be required. For Easter, why not start this magnificent adventure of making extraordinary chocolates yourself? The Zeste Aprons team presents here a recipe for dark chocolate with caramel and fleur de sel as well as a recipe for chocolate truffle in three flavors. A great way to start with this chocolate wave.
• Also read: A family Easter brunch
WHAT DO YOU NEED:
- Polycarbonate molding
- Scratching or angled shoulder
- Water bath
- Confectionery bag
- Lapë / Maryse
- Accurate thermometer
- Pieces of parchment paper for testing
Dark chocolate with fleur de sel caramel
- Servings: 32 chocolates from 15 ml + 3⁄4 cup caramel
- 50 g couverture with dark chocolate 58% in small pistols (after filling the shells there will be a lot of chocolate left, but it is better to have more chocolate than you need)
- 1/3 cup caramel
- salt flowers
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 C. tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream.
- 1 C. salted butter
- Heat the sugar and water over high heat until the caramel starts to take on a golden brown color, without stirring.
- Then add the hot cream and mix vigorously.
- Add the salted butter and mix well. Allow to cool completely before working with the chocolate.
STEPS OF DRAWING WITH COURAGE
- The first step in making chocolate is to reach the crystallization curve by melting 2/3 of the chocolate in the pistols at the top of a bain-marie to reach a temperature of 45. ohvs.
- Then add 1/3 of the chocolate to the pistols to reach a temperature of 27-28 ohvs.
- Allow to warm up to 31 ohC be able to work chocolate optimally.
- Fill the mold to the brim with the melted chocolate and grind with a paddle or spatula at an angle. Tap it on the counter to remove any air bubbles and then turn the mold so as to hold it horizontally on top of a clean tray to collect excess chocolate. Then scratch and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Next, garnish with caramel leaving 3 mm free (2.5 ml caramel). (Use a pastry bag to simplify the task.) Add a small tip of fleur de sel and then place the mold in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- On top of the filling pour a thin layer of chocolate with the cover to close the cavity by scratching it quickly.
- Grind the edges again and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Then disassemble with gloves to leave no fingerprints on the chocolate. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or serve immediately.
STEPS IN THE PHOTO
Add 1/3 of the weapons
Fill the mold with chocolate
Touch the mold
Roll the mold to drain the excess
Grind (cut) the excess chocolate
Shells in the mold
Fill with caramel
Toss the chocolate again
Chocolate truffles in three flavors
This truffle recipe is perfect to prepare with kids. It is simple to carry and you can keep them busy by rolling the mentioned truffle or dressing them with the various flavors offered. Pleasure to see the little ones restrained from eating all the truffles they prepare. You can also enjoy low-alcohol truffles if they are reserved for adults. Add 1 oz of your favorite alcohol to the ganache preparation (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Cognac, Baileys, Tia Maria, etc.).
Services: 24-30 | Preparation: 20 min | Cooking: 1 min | Cooling: 60 to 120 minutes
- 350 grams of dark chocolate pistols (minimum 60% cocoa)
- 1 cup 35% cream.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sugar
- 1⁄2 cup minced sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup of mini eggs crushed
- To prepare the ganache, heat the cream over low heat so that it does not boil and does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Then toss over the previously crushed pistols into small pieces to facilitate their melting. Then toss in a bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 120 minutes.
- Once the ganashi has stood, divide it into 30 equal parts with the help of a spoon. Next, roll the truffle between your hands to make nice little balls evenly.
- Then divide the maple sugar in a bowl, the coconut and the candy in a second mini eggs crushed into one-third. Roll 10 truffles in each of the different fillings.
- Then store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator if you do not eat them all in advance.