I came home from work. As soon as you open the door, your dog will jump on you and… lick you to say hi! However, your happy face can instantly turn into one of resentment. the reason ? Bad smell from his mouth. To avoid this situation, There are a few home remedies that can help treat bad breath in dogs. Let’s see what they are.
The most effective home remedies for bad breath
We know that our love for our animals is unconditional, whether they suffer from bad breath or not. However, we must pay attention to this problem. Not only for our own feelings, but also for their health. Bad breath indicates an excessive amount of bacteria in a dog’s mouth, which can lead to digestive problems.
By improving dental health, we will prevent potential diseases. Sometimes it is not necessary to spend a lot of money on dental cleanings or on certain products. There are home remedies that can give good results. But first make sure your dog is healthy by taking him for a check-up with your regular vet.
Solutions to keep your dog’s breath fresh
There are many natural and accessible options to combat bad breath in your pet. For example:
- Raw bones. When a dog nibbles on fleshy bones, they act like sandpaper, preventing food from passing between their teeth. It is also a good source of calcium.
- With carrot you will get results similar to bone. This vegetable also has excellent properties: Carrots for dogs.
- parsley. It is an essential plant to ensure fresh breath. You can cut it into small pieces and mix it with its food, or make a marinade with its leaves. If he does not take it himself, another option is to make a spray and spray his mouth with this preparation.
- apple cider vinegar This product neutralizes unpleasant odor. The ideal is to include a few drops in your daily diet. If you start with small quantities, you will quickly get used to the taste. As you can see, dental health is closely related to diet. In fact, it is not only important to use these Bad breath solutions. You should also pay attention to your dog’s diet and eating habits, as this may be the source of the problem.
- Correct diet for breath odor
A healthy diet is key to avoiding bad breath. So, if you feed your dog, try to choose a good food. The wrong type of product causes scales to build up, resulting in the bad smell we want to avoid. Making changes to your dog’s diet can be a good solution. In these cases, a raw (Barf) diet is highly recommended. Choose natural foods and avoid processed foods.
Your canine companion will appreciate it. On the other hand, it is important to ensure that it is well hydrated. The dog should drink plenty of fluids, which will help clean his mouth of debris. As for the food bowl, make sure it is clean and free of food debris. Another recommendation is to make sure your dog does not eat bad food. This can not only cause bad breath, but also cause digestive problems.
- The importance of good dental hygiene
Last but not least, dental hygiene helps…a lot! It is best to brush your dog’s teeth daily. If this is not possible, try to do it as often as possible. A good way is to establish this routine two or three times a week. In this way, the dog will gradually get used to it.
As for the toothbrush, you can use a regular toothbrush or do it with your fingers. Using half a tablespoon of baking soda and a tablespoon of water, you can make a homemade toothpaste. It has a very strong effect. You can also add a little parsley to make it more effective.
The truth is that there is no magic bullet for bad breath, but rather a set of habits that help improve it. The secret is consistency and establishing a healthy routine. At home, how do you manage your dog’s dental health, and have you ever been exposed to any of these ‘Death kisses’ from your pet?