Contents of IT for Business 2275> Dossier: Innovation fuels e-commerce success … and its ethics! / Survey: how to implement the FinOps approach / Interview: Aline Bourdin, CIO of Vinci Construction Europe-Africa / Portrait: Benoît Dehais, CIO of the Occitanie Pyrénées-Méditerranée region …
“Experience” … New Grail whether you are talking about employees or customers … But for both the IT department is in great demand and must work closely with human resources in the first case and the lines of business in the second. .
“Experience” is also that of our readers. This issue 2275 of IT for Business ushers in a new layout that we wanted to be clearer, more readable, and more aligned with new reading behaviors.
If the form changes, the content remains focused on the issues of CIOs and IT teams.
Therefore, this new issue of IT for Business for Back to School 2022 puts the customer experience first, the driver of consumption. A consumption that is up to everyone to make more responsible, including IT teams. Like every year in this period, our issue of the month analyzes the digital trends underlying developments in the retail sector. It should be recognized that when it comes to best practices for enhancing the customer experience, this is not “the end of abundance”.
DSI Europe-Africa by Vinci Costruzioni, Aline Bourdin is our guest of the month. It evokes the management of an international IT department, at the articulation of the central IT department and the general management of the branches, with all its challenges of sharing but also of respect for local cultures.
Whether it’s saving on cloud expenses or progressing in terms of digital sobriety, one approach FinOps turns out to be necessary. Our survey of the month details its implementation and governance.
In this issue you will also find the testimonials by CMA-CGM (adopting the public cloud), French televisions (live subtitles from franceinfo), from CNES (glasses connected), Renault (DBMS in managed mode) e Decathlon (IT security).
Without to forget startups of the month : Decide on the AI (complement or alternative to Google Analytics), Emoticon hugging (AI models and datasets), trace (measurement of the carbon footprint and definition of the green IT strategy).
Discover below the detailed summary of IT for Business n ° 2275, dated September 2022.
IN THE FOREGROUND
“Managing an international IT department requires a lot of agility to cultivate by listening“
Interview with Aline BourdinCIO of Win Europe-Africa Constructions
REPORT OF THE MONTH
Innovation fuels e-commerce success … and its ethics!
– A trade changed from convulsions… that enhance innovation
– A virtual universe ever expanding
– In Research of one more trade responsible
SURVEY OF THE MONTH
How to (in fact) implement the FinOps approach
PORTRAIT OF THE MONTH
Benoît Dehais, CIO of the Occitanie Pyrénées-Méditerranée Region
“The public service gives me very beautiful projects to live”
USES AND FEEDBACK
– CMA-CGM head towards the public cloud
– French televisions : franceinfo en real time with services cloud from AWS
– The CNES unleash productivity with glasses connected
– Renault adopts the managed mode of DBMS MongoDB Atlas
– Decathlon enlarge the securing of its applications clouds
– The digital dynamics French advantages ESN
– L’TO THE to the rescue of climate ?
– The “computer score»Pending further details
Freelancers: rapidly expanding markets
The new DSA compliance project for the DSI
It is not the weather vane that turns …
– Agility at the service of a more responsible digital
– How to do outsourcing strategy a lever of innovation
– Decide on the AImore than one compliant complement GDPR to Google statistics
– Emoticon hugging offers a AI Github
– trace accompanies CIOs in the reduction of C02 emissions
Research and development
A mathematically error-free compiler