The photography Antoine Guénel and association City Team take advantage of this October 10th International homeless day ; to launch NFT of social utility! Titled Without cryptocurrencies, this project combines technology, art and solidarity. Mobilize the small world of the Web3, to help the homeless, through cinematic photographs and dynamic non-fungible tokens. An initiative supported by the agency OK IT’S GREATblockchain Block Labs 42 and the artist Kao.
601 NFT to help those in need
Available on site cryptoless.art, the first collection of the project is a series of 601 dynamic NFTs. These were generated from ten homeless portraits, shot on film on the streets of Tenderloin. A neighborhood notorious in San Francisco for its very high concentration of homelessness and drug problems.
” We will all make it “
In each photo, the homeless bring a card where it is written WAGMIacronym for ” We will all make it “. In French : “We’ll all get there”. A very popular expression in the world of cryptocurrencies and NFTs! While it was initially meant to convey a message of hope and mutual help, it remains primarily used to celebrate easy money and financial gains. “We will all make it” then it becomes rapidly “We will all make money”.
This artistic discrepancy aims to highlight the immense contrast between the billions of dollars speculatively injected into the world of NFT and the sad reality of the streets of San Francisco, the capital of Silicon Valley and the epicenter of this new technological revolution. Each NFT the collection consists of one of the portraits and a banner placed over the eyes of the homeless. On it is written the amount of Ethereum (the second largest cryptocurrency after Bitcoin) that has been traded in the world in the last five minutes. This dynamic banner will hang upon purchase of the NFT so that the final artwork is unique.
80% of the money generated from sales will be redistributed City Team. The remaining 20% will be returned to the project to finance the next edition. The next cause to be defended by the project will be directly chosen by NFT holders from the first collection. Also note that a social media communication campaign was implemented today to support the launch of the project and the opening of the site dedicated to the mint. It is also being broadcast by NFT and Crypto influencers and the Web3 media!
To find out more about OK C’EST COOL and its campaigns, visit its dedicated page!